— Updated 24th May 2018
The data controller of www.edwardgreen.com is Edward Green & Co. Ltd. of Cliftonville Road, Northampton, England, NN1 5BU (referred to as ‘we,’ 'our' and ‘us.’)
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE WILL USE IT
We collect and process information you give us when using our Site or contacting us. For example, you may give us information by filling in forms on our Site, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, when subscribing to our mailing list, placing orders on our Site, searching for products, and reporting problems on our Site. This information may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, job title, financial and credit card information, and personal preferences and interests. We may also collect information about you in a number of other ways. Each time you visit our Site we may automatically collect information from you, such as, technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet or your login information, or by using Cookies.
· to confirm your identity and ensure no-one is using your details fraudulently and as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure generally;
· to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us and to notify you about changes to our Site or products;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services or news that may interest you.
· to ensure that Site content, is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, which may constitute additional processing;
· to create personal customer information records, linked to each registered online customer account once that customer has made its first purchase, which are automatically compiled once the customer is logged in;
· to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
· to combine information received from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Under the law we must have a valid legal basis for processing your data. When making a purchase we will process your data in order to fulfil our contract with you. We will also use your personal data to send you marketing and communications that we believe may be of interest to you, if we have your explicit consent or because you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time. Simply, unsubscribe at the bottom of an email, change your preferences in the ‘my account’ section of the website, or write to us at [email protected].
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We never sell or rent your information to third parties. However, we may share your information with selected third parties including marketing platform providers, merchant service providers; suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. We also share your information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing. Information relating to orders is retained for as long as required under English law. Information for marketing may be retained until you unsubscribe.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the UK. The data that we collect from you may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA but always by partners whose own privacy policies adhere to European regulations. These suppliers include our international shipping/delivery partners as well as marketing and e-commerce platforms. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order and the processing of your payment details. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION AND SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example credit card details are encrypted after data entry and are not stored on our systems after use.
From time to time our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website and are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites.
Under data protection laws you have the right to:
· know what personal data of yours we are processing, where that came from and how we are using it;
· update or correct the information we hold;
· withdraw consent from processing for specified purposes;
· ask us to delete or erase all of your data
· ask us to supply all personal data that we hold on you in an easily readable electronic format. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Law by emailing us at [email protected].
You may also lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner, should you be dissatisfied with the way we handle your personal data.